makes 1 medium-sized pizza
for the crust
1 small head of cauliflower, or 3/4 large head
pinch of sea salt
pinch of red pepper flakes
for the toppings
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 handful fresh basil
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, then pulse in a food processor until the pieces are the size of couscous (you should have about 2 cups).
- Steam the riced cauliflower over boiling water for 5 minutes and cool.
- Place the steamed cauliflower in cheese cloth or a nut milk bag and squeeze out as much excess water as you can (read: if you phone in the squeezing process you’ll wind up with a soggy crust, so make it count).
- Transfer the drained cauliflower to a bowl, and mix in the eggs, salt and red pepper flakes until combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a large, fairly flat circle on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then flip (carefully) and cook for another 7-9 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove crust from oven and let cool. Top with pesto sauce, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, and toasted pine nuts.