makes 6 pancakes
2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
2 Tbsp tapioca starch
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 cup scallions, thinly sliced or chopped
pinch of sea salt
juice of 2 limes
2 Tbsp fish sauce (I’m into this one)
zest of 1/2 lime
2 Tbsp brown rice vinegar
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, then pulse in a food processor until the pieces are the size of couscous (you should have about 2 cups).
- Steam the riced cauliflower over boiling water for 5 minutes and cool.
- Place the steamed cauliflower in cheese cloth or a nut milk bag and squeeze out as much excess water as you can (read: if you phone in the squeezing process you’ll wind up with soggy tortillas, so make it count).
- Transfer the drained cauliflower to a bowl, and mix in the eggs, tapioca starch, poppy seeds, scallions and salt until combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a pan.
- Cook on medium for 5 minutes, then flip (carefully) and cook for another 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slide the pancake onto a large plate and cut into 6 pieces.
- Add dressing. Enjoy!