God, I love tacos. I love tacos so hard. But I really don’t love corn. Problem solved: cauliflower tortillas. Believe it or not, these have a great texture and can be loaded up with all the fiesta fixings of your choosing.
makes 6 tortillas
3/4 a head of cauliflower
zest of 1/2 lime
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, then pulse in a food processor until the pieces are the size of couscous (you should have about 2 cups).
- Steam the riced cauliflower over boiling water for 5 minutes and cool.
- Place the steamed cauliflower in cheese cloth or a nut milk bag and squeeze out as much excess water as you can (read: if you phone in the squeezing process you’ll wind up with soggy tortillas, so make it count).
- Transfer the drained cauliflower to a bowl, and mix in the eggs, salt and lime zest until combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly into 6 small, fairly flat circles on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then flip (carefully) and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with all your favorite taco fixings, I recommend organic rotisserie chicken (store bought is totally fine!), avocado, salsa, cabbage and extra lime.